The Academy of Country Music is producing a special “Salute to the Military” show that will air in May 2014 on CBS during Armed Forces Week. As a part of the show, the producers would like to provide a service member from each branch of the military with an opportunity to perform with a country music celebrity during a live taping in Las Vegas, Nevada.
To be considered, you need command approval to travel to Las Vegas during the week of April 7, 2014 and submit an application to Coast Guard Community Relations no later than Jan. 15. Here’s what you need to include in your application:
• Contact information for your commanding officer.
• Verification of your availability to participate in the taping of the show.
• A brief biography that includes recent deployments and examples of your enthusiasm for country music.
• Why you would best represent the Coast Guard to millions of country music fans.
• YouTube link to a country music performance by you (optional). Performance experience is desired but not required for consideration.
• Your favorite country music artist.
Interested Coast Guardsmen are asked to submit requested information no later than Jan. 15. A joint Department of Defense-U.S. Coast Guard panel will review the nominations the week of Jan. 20 and select one service member from each branch to represent their service on the show. Selected service member will be notified no later than 1 February 2014. Further guidance on travel orders and travel arrangements will be provided at that time.
Best of luck!