All Hands selects several messages to publish in a weekly post to help raise awareness about specific messages and useful information.
* NOTE: The series does not contain all of the new messages, just select ones. Click here to view internet releasable messages, or go to the Portal to view all messages (must be at a Coast Guard workstation).
ALCOAST 438/16 – 2016 USCG Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Achievement Awards
This message solicits nominations for the 2016 USCG CFO Awards for Excellence. This award program provides recognition for noteworthy financial management accomplishments by Coast Guard personnel. The 2016 nominations should reflect an emphasis on outstanding performance, innovative thinking, and improved methods in financial management.
There are eight individual award categories and a team category for the USCG CFO Awards for Excellence, as follows:
- Commissioned Officer O-4 and above,
- Commissioned Officer O-1 to O-3,
- Civilian Employees GS-13 and above,
- Civilian Employees GS-9 to GS-12,
- Civilian Employees up to GS-8,
- Chief Warrant Officer,
- Enlisted Personnel E-7 and above,
- Enlisted Personnel E-6 and below, and
- Team Achievement consisting of 4 to 20 personnel.
ACN 439/16 – Update to Reserve Policy Manual, COMDTINST M1001.28 (SERIES)
This ALCOAST announces the promulgation of the subject. This is a major revision and should be reviewed in its entirety by members and commands. Major changes incorporated into this edition include:
- Updated Electronic Based Distributed Learning (EBDL) Policy. New policy authorizes addition of new courses to the approved EBDL list via form CG-1001A, and authorizes payment for command directed EBDL meeting specified criteria.
- Assignment policy has been revised to allow more flexibility to alleviate various Reasonable Commuting Distance (RCD) issues.
- Sexual Assault Response and Prevention Program (SAPR) policy now delegates limited Benefits Issuing Authority (BIA) to Office of Work-Life, Commandant (CG-111) for sexual assault restricted reports.
- Medical policy has been updated to provide clarity to the field, and added policy for Medical Support Allowance Billets (MSABs).
- Added Reserve High Year Tenure (HYT) policy.
- Added Individual Augmentation Duty (IAD) Assignment policy for Reserve Captains and Commanders.
ACN 440/16 – Promulgation of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP), CGTTP 4-11.13A
Effective immediately, Revision A to REF (A) provides updates for all commanding officers and officers-in-charge (CO/OIC) with Coast Guard TTP on administering all elements of Integrated Pest Management (IPM). IPM is an effective and environmentally sensitive approach to pest management that relies heavily on a combination of common-sense practices. All units are required to establish and maintain a safe, efficient, and environmentally sound IPM program to control pests that could adversely affect health, or damage structures or property. This TTP publication provides instructions to comply with the policy.
Subscribe for email updates! Once you sign-up, you can then select “All Hands” to receive the latest blogs about ALCOAST messages, Human Capital Strategy, and other important topics.