Written by Chris Degraw
For those looking for information about the Coast Guard, the support programs and services that are available to our members and families, you’ll want to spread the word about the United States Coast Guard’s Health, Safety and Work Life (HSWL) app from USCG’s Office of Work-Life Programs.
Among its broad offerings, the app helps users:
• Access health and medical services information and online resources;
• Connect to housing, childcare and legal assistance;
• Find a chaplain nearby;
• Learn all about morale, well-being and recreation (MWR) services, including a rundown of fitness programs; and
• Contact an ombudsman.
This app puts an impressive list of the Coast Guard’s action-packed YouTube videos in the palm of your hand:
• Looking for that footage of the U.S. Airways jet that landed in the Hudson River? It’s in there.
• Want to see what 40,000 pounds of seized cocaine look like? Well, that’s in there too.
• Or simply watch the agency’s “Top 10 Rescue Videos” to get your adrenaline pumping. (And be sure to use Wi-Fi when you do for better video streaming.)
This app is a “must have” for all Coast Guard members and their families.
Available in the Apple App store just search for USCG HSWL. Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
The Android version is available through Google.
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, click here to email us.